1. Where _______ your grandparents live?
does is do
2. What _______ your favourite colour?
is be does
3. Have you _______ a car?
has got get
4. Do you like _______?
cook cooking cooked
5. My uncle is _______ actor.
the a an
6. London is _______ than Bristol.
the bigger bigger biggest
7. Tom is interested _______ football.
in with. on
8. There is _______ milk in the fridge.
any no none
9. What’s the weather _______ today?
like look seem
10. Can I get to this station _______ foot from here?
by on with
11. This bill must _______ tomorrow.
be paid pay to pay
12. If I were you, I _______ accept his offer.
wouldn’t won’t want
13. Those roses smell _______.
beautifully beautiful beauty
14. Our _______ are all buried in the local cemetery.
ancestors descendants predecessors
15. We will go for _______ walk if _______ sun comes out.
the, the a, the the, a
16. Your hair _______. It’s really long!
needs cutting need cutting needs to cut
17. There was nobody left on the bus, _______ made me suspicious.
which what that
18. This is not my umbrella, it must be _______.
her hers of her
19. How do you _______ with your mother-in-law?
get on get up get off
20. Ann is not used to _______ early.
get up got up getting up
21. Her mother is _______, and needs a wheelchair to get around.
impaired handicapped invalid
22. Could you tell me how old _______?
are you you are you be
23. In most countries, _______ punishment has been abolished.
execution death capital
24. _______ a late riser can cause problems.
To be Being Be
25. Parents shouldn’t let their children _______ TV for hours.
to watch watching watch
26. It was Scott’s birthday yesterday! – You should _______ me.
tell told have told
27. It really _______ me when people don’t switch off their mobile phones in the cinema.
annoying annoyed annoys
28. While Joan _______ a book, her mother came back home.
read have been reading was reading
29. We were late to the theatre. The show _______ when we got there.
started had started has started
30. I’m exhausted! I _______ in the garden for the last three hours.
have been working have worked worked
31. We regret _______ that the flight to Barcelona has been cancelled due to weather conditions.
to inform informing inform
32. _______ of my friends visits me very often.
Either Both Neither
33. I’d rather _______ there.
not go not to go won’t go
34. I wish you _______ complaining all the time!
would stop will stop stop
35. But for your help, we _______ in trouble yesterday.
would be would have been will have been
36. On no condition _______ open fire without warning.
will they be to are they to they are to
37. No sooner had I arrived home _______ the phone rang.
when than then
38. My car breaks down a lot. I always _______ by the mechanics at the local garage.
repair it have it repaired have repaired it
39. Here _______ Jacob!
comes is coming come
40. Not until I got home _______ my mistake.
I realised did I realise realised I